아래 표현들은 한국사람들이 일상적으로 자주 쓰는데 막상 영어로 옮기려면 뭐라고 해야 되는지 쉽게 떠오르지 않는 표현들입니다.
한 번 풀어보시고 아래 답지로 확인하세요.
1. 한국인인지 중국인인지 구별할 수 있어요?
2. 우리 가족은 네 명이다.
3. 이 과제 내일 4시까지 끝내야 돼요.
4. 어제 두 시까지 놀았어요.
5. 스트레스 많이 받고 있어요.
6. 우리 이사했어요.
7. 시험 준비하고 있어요
8. 그 애는 놀기만 해.
9. 내가 하는 말 절대 안 들어요.
10. 무슨 말인지 알겠어요.
다 풀어보신 후 아래 답을 확인해보세요. (답은 금요일에 올려드리겠습니다)
1. Can you tell the difference between Chinese people and Koreans?
문어체: Can you distinguish Chinese people from Koreans?
오답: Can you discriminate Chinese people and Koreans?
2. There are four people in my family / There are four of us in my family.
어색한 표현: My family has four members.
오답: My family is four.
3. I need to finish this assignment by four o’clock tomorrow afternoon.
오답: I need to finish this assignment until four o’clock tomorrow afternoon.
4. I stayed out drinking till two in the morning. / I was out partying till two last night.
오답: I played till two last night.
5. I’ve been under a lot of stress recently. / I’ve been under so much stress lately.
오답: I’m so stressful these days.
6. We moved. / I moved
오답: We moved houses.
7. I’m preparing for a test.
오답: I’m preparing a test. / I’m preparing the TOEFL.
8. All he (ever) does is play around. / He’s always just messing around.
오답: He always plays.
9. He never listens to what I say. / He never listens to what I’m saying.
오답: He never listens to my speaking/hearing/talking/saying.
오답: He never listens my talking.
10. I know what you’re saying. / I know what you’re talking about.
오답: I know your saying. / I understand your talking.