1. 갈림길에 서다: to stand at a fork in the road
We’ve used existing production methods up through this point, but now we find ourselves standing at a fork in the road. It’s time to decide how we will take our next step.
2. 간발의 차이: by a hair (or hair’s difference)
Did you see who crossed the finish line first? I think the number 24 car won by a hair.
3. 백기(를) 들다: to raise the white flag.
They have deep pockets, but we lack the funds to continue fighting this battle in the courts. I think it’s high time we raised the white flag.
4. 바통(을) 넘겨주다: to pass (on) the baton
The former CEO stepped down late last year and passed the baton to his son.
5. 마이더스의 손: Midas touch
That guy has been successful in just about every business venture he has attempted. I guess some people really do have a Midas touch.
6. 문턱이 높다: there’s a high threshold
I believe that you are a very competent worker, but I’m just worried that the threshold there may be a little too high.
It’s true that we’ve gotten through the worst of it, but there are still plenty of hurdles left.
8. 전파를 타다: to take (to) the airwaves
That show is slated to take the airwaves in early 2013.
9. 눈이 있다: to have an eye (for something)
Did you see those clothes James picked out for me? He really has an eye for fashion.
10. 나 죽었어: I’m so dead right now
I crashed my dad’s car into a signpost! I’m so dead right now.
주소: 서울특별시 서대문구 창천동 13-27 103호