마음에 와닿는: It touched my heart. / It was touching.
- I’ve never been so touched (by a film.)
- The most touching scene was when he finally admitted that he loved her.
감동적인: It was moving. / I was moved by it.
- Have you ever been deeply moved by a piece of classical music?
- At the high point of the third movement, the music moved me to tears.
마음을 적시는: It brought a tear to my eye. / It flooded me with emotion.
- Seeing my son, the apple of my eye, up there on stage like that, I was nearly overcome with emotion.
마음을 울리는: It resonated with the audience
- I think that part in your speech about your mother really resonated with the audience.
여운이 남는: Its reverberations are still being felt
- After Jackson Pollack unveiled his drip paintings, reverberations were felt for years in the art world.
가슴을 뛰게 하는: It was heart-pounding.
- The heart-pounding score really added to the cinematic thrill.
정석 그대로: (It’s very) formulaic.
- His work does have a broad appeal, but often seems too formulaic.
진부한: It was cliche. / It was tired.
- The movie was filled with cliche dialogue and tired plot devices.
칭찬할 만한 시도: It was a laudable attempt.
- In his first symphony, his own artistic voice was still unclear, but the word was a laudable attempt.
- I prefer experimental animation to more traditional works.
머릿속에 맴도는: It keeps running through my mind.
- The chorus of that song keeps running through my head.
획기적인: It was epochal / it was earth-shattering
- Beethoven’s Eroica Symphony was truly and epochal work.
효시: turning point / the watershed moment (분수령) / origin (기원)
- The release of Elvis’s first album is thought to be a watershed moment in the history of rock and roll music.
선구자: pioneer / progenitor / father
- No one disputes that he was one of the pioneers of rock.
걸작: a masterpiece / a masterwork
- Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa is considered a timeless masterpiece.
졸작/ 실패작: a failure
- Stravinsky’s Rite of Spring was considered a colossal failure at the time, but is now on of the most widely performed works of modern classical music.
평론가로부터 호평 받은: warmly received by the critics
- Mahler’s First Symphony was not warmly received by the critics.
예술 사조: a movement / an era
- I love the way romantic classical music creates a mood.